Uncategorized

The Short Story Experiment – Results

In January, I announced that I was going to try to write a short story a week for the first three months of this year. Probably unsurprisingly, I had some mixed results.

I did not accomplish a story every week. I think I ended up with 5 finished first drafts and at least one or two other stories that puttered out into bleck. What surprised me was that most of my stories ran much longer than I had expected them to. So some of them, I was just working on for more than one week.

My other problem, is that I kept getting ideas for the new novel I wanted to start. I got more and more excited about working on it that I ended up going back to it in the middle of March, so I didn’t go quite the whole twelve week working on just short stories.

Now, however, I’ve gotten to a point where I need to do some significant research before I can move on in the novel. So I think I may try to return to short stories so I don’t stop writing while I do the research.

Problem is, I also need to squeek out some time to edit the short stories so I can decided which of them might be worth sending out. So much to do!

Some good news – an older and very very short story of mine has been accepted for the Cast of Wonders podcast. I don’t have a date yet, but I will post it as soon as I know. But don’t wait for that – I have loved every story I’ve listened to over there so far. Check it out.

So that’s where I’m at with the writing! Ta-da!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.